The racegeek a10 app is broadly compatible with Android devices.
The only requirements are:
1. Device is running full version of Android and not a manufacturer specific version. This can be the case for some low cost devices.
2. The device Android version minimum is Android 8.0 (API 26). This is a requirement of Google Play store not the racegeek app itself.
3. The device has a camera and gps
So why am I seeing "Your device isn't compatible with this version" or some other equivilent message when I try to download the app?
There is a known issue in the Google Play Store in which the cache file on your device can become corrupted and prevent you from downloading apps that your device supports. This happens to many major apps such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and is not just an issue with the a10 app.
How do I fix this issue and download the a10 app?
Assuming you meet the above requirements you simply have to clear the Google Play Store Cache.
Clear Play Store Cache
- Clear the Google Play Store from running in the background of your Android device.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Click on the “Application Manager” option.
- Then find the “Google Play Services” listing and click on the same.
- Select Storage.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” button.
- Launch the Google Play Store app again and try to download the a10 app. The error should now be resolved.
This may look slightly different on your device but should be a good benchmark for the process.
Clear Play Store Updates
We havent seen this issue not get resolved by clearing the cache as explained above - however some other apps have run into an issue when the Google Play Store is updated.
This will remove all the recent updates to Google Play Store.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Click on “Application Manager”.
- Find “Google Play Store” and click on the same.
- Click on the “Uninstall Updates” button.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Launch the Google Play Store app again. The error should now be resolved.
Still not working?
Send us an email @ email@example.com or via the contact widget on the website and we will help you.